What this Means for You and Your Pets:
We will have limited food options in stock for your pet(s).
If you would like to continue to pick up your pet’s food from the clinic, Let us know!
- Let our staff know when you would like to order with us.
- Orders will take a minimum of 1 week to arrive.
You can continue to ‘Buy Local’ and have your pet food delivered to your Door!
- By ordering with one of our authorized retailers, you are still buying directly from Community Animal Hospital, unlike some other online retailers like Chewy, 1800PetMeds, Costco, Walmart, etc., where we are not compensated.
- Authorized Retailer’s (more info below) include:
- CAH Online Store
- Hill’s To Home
- Purina Pro-Plan Vet Direct.
Better Product Availability
- Oftentimes, our online retailers are able to source your food from additional warehouses our clinic does not have access to.
- This offers you better availability on backordered and hard-to-get products!
Food we will continue to have in stock regardless:
- Hill’s Prescription Diet a/d
- Hill’s Prescription Diet i/d and i/d Lowfat
Buyer Beware: Tips for Purchasing Pet Products Online
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns pet owners to be wary of seemingly legitimate online veterinary pharmacies, citing instances of counterfeit drugs or products being sold that aren’t FDA-approved.
We understand the allure of a lower price and the convenience of online ordering. But, it’s important to be aware of the risks in this largely unregulated industry, including:
- Counterfeit drugs
- Medications that are expired or near expiration
- Improper handling and storage (which can damage the drug and cause it to lose its effectiveness or safety)
- False diagnosis through non-professional online tests.
To avoid these dangers, take the following precautions before buying your pet’s medications online:
- If you do not have a prescription from your veterinarian, please schedule a wellness exam to avoid health emergencies that might arise from a bad drug or one that isn’t suitable for your pet.
- Inquire with us before making any online purchase. We’re happy to help you find the best price on safe, quality pharmaceuticals, and we can also answer any questions about your pet’s medications.
- Avoid online businesses that source their medications from other countries.